I’m also Chair of the Board of Trustees for Wikimedia UK, a charity dedicated to collecting, developing, promoting and distributing open knowledge. Wikimedia UK is the local Wikimedia chapter covering the United Kingdom and supports volunteer editors of, and contributors to, Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects.
Between 2017-2020 I worked as Senior Technology Advisor for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. I lead on a wide range of domestic, cross-government and international digital policy initiatives.
Previously, on Josie Fraser
I’ve been busy. Work-wise, this includes:
- Leading on technology for Leicester City Council’s £340 million schools building programme, delivering 23 new and refurbished secondary schools (2010-2016)
- New UK national schools cyberbullying guidance for Childnet International, Cyberbullying: Understand, Prevent, Respond (2016) funded by the European Union and the UK Government Equalities Office.
- The internationally recognised DigiLit Leicester school staff professional development project, a partnership between Leicester City Council, De Montfort University, and the 23 BSF schools (2013-2016)
- Europe’s first OER Schools conference (2015)
- Supporting Leicester City Council as the first council in Europe to provide its school employees with permission to openly licence the educational resources they produce in the course of their work (2014)
- Commissioning and co-authoring OER Guidance for Schools (2015), the first schools focused open educational resource guidance of its kind.
- Supporting university and further education projects on physical and digital learning spaces for JISC’s national Institutional Innovation programme (2009-2010)
- Producing ‘Cyberbullying: Supporting School Staff‘ for the UK Government – the first national cyberbullying guidance for school staff (2009)
- Working as Lead Community Architect on JISC’s ground breaking Emerge project -a national university and further education learning technology research and development project focusing on digital professional identities, networks and communities (2007-2009)
- Producing ‘Young People and Social Networking Services‘ – The UKs first toolkit for schools providing advice and guidance on using social networks, produced for Becta on behalf of Childnet International (2008)
- Delivering ‘Safe To Learn: Cyberbullying‘, ‘Cyberbullying: a whole school community issue‘ – the UK Government’s first national cyberbullying guidance for schools (2007)